Friday, April 25, 2014

buttoned up...


it’s almost the end of April…I just heard  on the radio that we’ve had 67 cm of snowfall so far this month – really? what’s up with that? well, it is sure to end sometime…

I had a button sewing day today. I did make a sleeveless stockinette shell to go with my sister’s 1RT raglan – I used the tank pattern from No 39, ‘Tie One On’,  made the neck higher and didn’t  shape the side seams – really just used the pattern for the hems and edges, I guess – it is quick, easy and makes a nice finished piece without too much fuss. It took me this long to get the buttons on the cardigan, so I thought I’d tell you about it before I finally got it in the mail…

Another thing that has been hanging around was the lace cardi that I did on the standard gauge machine to simulate the mid gauge pattern from KS190 (see Jan 26/14) – I made it in Cannele (Yeoman Yarns) glycine – the colour is unusual – not quite a lilac and not really a pale blue – I finally found some little ball buttons that are perfect on it – I’m totally happy with this one!
(and I have another one that I'll tell you  about later!)

No comments: