Monday, July 17, 2017

road trip...

I’m ready for Monroe! Got all my knitting done and my bags are packed.
The ‘Canada, Eh?’ lace pullover turned out great – can’t wait to wear it! and I promise to post a real, live photo of me in it!
And I did make another IRT Hoodie,  [https://knitwords.blogspot.ca/2017/01/i-was-wrong.html ] using Yeoman Yarns Sari – it’s a 50 cotton, 25 linen, 25 acrylic blend of a very lightweight slub yarn – I’m calling it ‘Whisper’ because it is so thin and lightweight! To give you an idea of how fine it is, I had used it in the past for a tuck stitch on the fine gauge machine at T5 with a gauge of 36 sts and 72 rows and for this, I knit the one-row-tuck at T9 and got the same gauge as my brown linen one, 25 sts and 38 rows to 10 cm/4 inches.
One of my classes in Monroe is on seaming on the machine and using the sewing machine to sew in the zipper, so this one is ready for that. I have a white zipper with silver metal teeth that I have pinned in place. The colour of this hoodie is sort of blue, kind of greyish and I did order a couple of greyish zippers but they aren’t here yet and for the demo, it will show up better with the white zipper tape and I’ll do the sewing in hot pink, again so it shows up for the demo and then I’ll pick it out when I get home and install the appropriate one.
I do have another Girlfriend Hoodie in the red Bonita cotton, all knit, still in pieces, all set to seam for the class too! Hope to see you there!

No comments: