I took my schematic from ‘Sidesteps’ and put it in the KR11. The ragg yarn is a little heavier than what I had used (4 ply wool at T7, 29 sts and 44 rows to 10 cm) and I knit the ragg at T9 (28 sts and 39 rows to 10 cm). Plugging the new stitch and row gauge into the KR11 took care of all the new calculations. I added 10 sts at the hemline to make it the longer length I was looking for. I put the ravel cord line for the pocket opening just after the gore (on the centre front side) in the front (the gores from 'Sidesteps 'turn the sideways square body into a more flattering A-line), using the pocket technique from the old pattern.
I lowered the vee neckline and
stopped knitting the front 5 cm before the actual centre front to allow for the
6 cm bands of the new version. I used the same 2X2 (2X1) ribs of the old
pattern for the hem, cuffs and pocket bands. On the front band, like the old
pattern, I used full needle rib, changed the circular cast-on to my newer
version of the racked cast-on (so the outside edge was stretchy and didn’t have
the restriction that is typical of the circular cast-on), went into the 2
working, one not, needle arrangement on rib bed only, so that it would look the
same as the other bands, did the grey stripe and then the shortrowing for the shawl collar as the final step. Now
you know how too!