Friday, February 5, 2021

all Aran-ed out...

The red one was fun, a lot of cable variations, and it kept me busy for a bit! Made it, overall, quite a bit longer than the original, more like a tunic length. 

The Sleeves have a combination of 2X2 and 3X2 cables in a chevron pattern and the Back is basically the same but more cabling because of the length. To add a wee tweak to the Front, I ran a 6-stitch (2X2X2, turned alternately every three rows) braided cable up the centre, then the 3X2, turned toward the centre every 8 rows, 2X2 cable every 6 rows, another 3X2 and then the 2X2 again next to the armhole edge. The Back and Front are not identical because the braided cable, but I respaced to make sure things matched over the shoulder. Just wanted to show you the finished product but I’m pretty sure I’m over cables for a while!

Been dreaming up new things! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Ahmed Beyrouthi said...

This was a lovely blog post