Thursday, January 6, 2022

it's 2022...

Omigosh! I’ve been having conversations with you, in my head, over the past couple of months. They’ve been full of excuses, apologies, promises and whys…I’m ashamed of myself and I’m sorry! So I ran out of yarn spray. So I couldn’t get any better buttons. So what if I can’t just drive down to Minnesota. Big freaking deal! My health is fine, my family’s pretty much okay too, so where do I get off feeling sorry for myself? Huh! I’ve given myself the proverbial kick in the butt and here I am, again, promising to do better.

I was knitting and trying to keep busy but feeling like I had nothing new and exciting to say, doubting whether I was still relevant and realized that was really based on, was I ever relevant? and you know what?  Been taking myself far too seriously! what the hay? If you don’t like what I’m talking about, you can just hit delete or whatever! I still have things to say, knit and share!

I left off with that blue ‘Mesh Floral’, in my continuing saga of the perfect, longer, button-front hoodie. From there, I knit it again in red Bonita, the same yarn as the blue, using the all-over lace mesh, very holey ;)! 

In my defense, I think it was still summer or at least early Fall when I started it. I got the pieces knit, relatively quickly, no real issues, until the putting together. Somehow I forgot just about everything I knew! I attached the hood to the neckline, without really thinking, saw that I had forgotten to do an e-wrap cast-on at the beginning of the hood. No big deal, but, not according to Hoyle, aka, MAO. Then, I saw that usually I like the joining seam to be on the outside so it doesn’t show when the hood is down. Also neglected to put the chain across the fold row of the band for the front of the hood and forgot to put that band on before attaching hood to neckline, necessitating the use of waste yarn for this operation instead of the quicker garter bar. 

Concentrating a little harder, managed to get the remaining parts done without messing up. A little deflated (my ego, that is), I knew that no one else would ever see or notice these glaring (in my mind) errors!

Made myself a cheat sheet!

5 comments:

Janet D. said...

I'm glad that you're OK!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who "forgets"! It's good to see your Blog again. Janet D.

Knittedbrows said...

Missed you and really pleased that you are back !!

Tom Machine Knitting Guy said...

We are all happy to see you back! You made me laugh so hard, we all make those same errors and more than once! Cheat sheet is good but do I check them faithfully? Not.

Happy New Year!

MrsS said...

Your hoodie is really beautiful and I wish a magic wand would send your talents my way. I prefer the metallic buttons; it’ll be interesting to find out which you used (if you care to share). Happy New and Successful Year to you in 2022.

Amy Southworth said...

I just checked yesterday to see if you had posted anything and here you are. I check often and do miss when you go silent and worry about you. You are always a wealth of knowledge and inspiration, so very relevant. Thanks for all you do.
Amy