Friday, March 17, 2023

tennessee re-visited...

I’m back home from Pigeon Forge, finished unpacking and had to get back on here to tell you about it! I had been sitting here at home for, like, the past four years and as the time approached to get packing and actually going to Pigeon Forge to talk knitting, I admit, I was getting a little leery about the whole thing. In preparation, I made pieces, back and front of a new Two-Faced Tank (just to prove, maybe to myself, I could still do it and to have something to work on if things went south!) - I was going to show making the neckband and joining the shoulder. https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2020/03/lost-your-knitting-mojo.html That’s the link from March of 2020, to take you back to the start of my making at least 15 tops for friends and family just for something to do when the world shut down, hopefully inspiring you to get on the bandwagon and knit. I also made a 1RT (that’s MAO’s short form for One-Row Tuck) https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2014/03/1rt-raglan.html tunic, kind of a copy of this green, sleeveless tank tunic that I planned to wear at the seminar - the new one with sleeves, this red/black thing (arguably the hit of the whole show) - did the back and front, made the neckband, attached one sleeve, had the other sleeve on a garter bar to show attaching the set-in sleeve on the machine and finishing the cuff with one of my 1X1 tuck edges that has a crocheted look.  https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2020/09/the-latest.html  Both of these are made with my, probably, all-time favourite yarn, Wool Crepe Deluxe.

Get to the seminar and oh wow! What fun to see old friends, some expected (Hey Sonia, Eloise) and some surprises (Janet came all the way from Utah! and Christine and Terrie – they came to just about everything I ever did in Indiana over the past 20 plus years! – after lunch of the second day, they told me they wished they had a video of my presentation because they made up a MAO-drinking game for every time I said Wool Crepe Deluxe – it was pretty funny. Ah, maybe you had to be there!) and some new people (Hey Cathy!), and some  familiar faces, Margie, Sharon – shout out to all the rest, thanks for coming. I had a blast!!

Apologies for my not keeping up with the blog – I guess I was feeling like I was talking to the wind, not thinking of you and not realizing how sometimes reading my dumb blogpost might be the bright spot in your day – Janet told me she felt like she’d lost her best friend when I stopped posting, so, sorry! I’ll keep trying to say something! My plan is to finish off those things I was working on and tell you the details – please stay tuned!

7 comments:

Cathy Berger said...

I'm so glad you blogged! I have been slowly reading through past blogs. I am fortunate - there is a treasure trove to read because I am new to this blog :)
Thanks for all the help!

Unknown said...

So glad you made it home safely. Wow! What a fantastic seminar. You put a lot of thought and effort into it beforehand and it shows. You always give us so many ideas and samples to look at. I am sitting her remenising. Thank you for a wonderful time. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Sharon McCarty

Anonymous said...

I am also happy you made it home safely with all the bad weather. I thoroughly enjoyed the seminar and getting to see you and meet somebody else. You’ve got such beautiful things to show. I love all the different hoodies and items with the lace on them. Hope to see you again soon.
Eloise Hite

Janet D. said...

I'm glad that you made it home OK. I was so excited to go to the seminar and see you and learn from you. You're the best teacher for machine knitting. I love to see the real items that you've knitted and not just the pictures. How fun it was to visit with everyone. You're such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your knowledge! I need lots of help! :) Thanks for doing your blog. It helps tons! Please let us know if you'll be doing any other seminars.
Thanks for being the fun, caring person that you are! Sincerely, Janet Deveraux

Dottie Richey said...

Hi Mary Anne,
Are you saying that the red tunic in this post is made from Wool Crepe Deluxe? It is really beautiful. I couldn't come to the seminar but would have loved to! Dottie Richey

Knittedbrows said...

So pleased all went well and great to read your blog. Always look forward to your news articles.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! It was a great seminar. The ladies were mesmerized with your lectures. It was great to get together with you and Eloise and getting to meet all the ladies there whose names I don’t remember but I would recognize them anywhere!!
It was a pleasure to meet your friends Janet and her husband. Such a lovely couple!
Sold all the yarn!!
Got home around midnight and did not make any “new friends”. Bob would have been proud of me!😜
Until next time!
Sonia