Wednesday, December 17, 2014

8(??) days to...

did you catch Ashton Kutcher's cardigan sweater on Ellen last week? I don't really care about Ashton and in fact I don't watch Ellen that often - it just happened to be on when I came downstairs to do a little hand stitching and get a cup of tea. Back to the sweater - it was  a cardigan and not just any cardigan, but a shawl-collared cardigan in a printed pattern - I say that because I've become obsessed with trying to decide whether it is fairisle, jacquard or tuck mosaic - I'd be happy with any of them but I'm hoping for the latter - anyway, I love it and not just because it's gray on grey  with an accent of red, I'm thinking alpaca and mentally  planning/designing/knitting in my head but keeping it in my mind until I can really attack it after Christmas...more later and I'll also give you an update of my last minute gifty things! oh yeah, something I just learned, if you look at my pictures or anything on the internet, with the ipad or ipad mini or whatever touch screen device you have, the photos can be greatly enlarged, better than with the computer... yeah, I know you already know that but give me credit for figuring it out on my own!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Voting for fair isle, looking at the wrong side down there, by where he missed the belt loop. Now the buttons I can't quite see and they look interesting!

Lea-Ann said...

A quick Google search and it seems that Ashton Kutcher really seems to like shawl collared cardigans.https://www.google.com/search?q=ashton+kutcher+cardigan&client=ms-android-verizon&espv=1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&sboxchip=Images&source=univ&sa=X&ei=DYGuVJGMNrbGsQS6iIHoAg&ved=0CDcQ7Ak&biw=360&bih=559

Marlene said...

Well if you ever write the pattern for this please let me know. I would love to make it for my husband. I have both Passap and Japanese machines. It's a gorgeous cardigan!! ;)