Friday, April 27, 2018

beat at my own game....

Got this email and photo from Karen B. from the Kansas City area – she and her friend Susan (both very good, active knitters) were at the Spring Fling in Peru, IN two weeks ago.
Hi Mary Anne,
Thanks so much for sharing all your wisdom at the Knit Knack seminar this year.  It was great to see you again.  I love your new patterns and just wanted to share with you my newest creation.  I wanted something for summer, so I made a sleeveless Girlfriend Hoodie (adding the hand-transferred lace like your blogpost:   http://knitwords.blogspot.ca/2016/05/obsessive-compulsive-addictive.html) and am very pleased with the way it turned out. I shaped the armholes just like the pattern and finished with #2 from your ‘50 ways to love your knitter’. Now the difficult decision - what to make next!
Thanks, Karen
Gosh, that was fast, and doesn’t it look great! Impressive job, Karen! I love hearing how I inspired someone else to knit! I feel like the gauntlet has been thrown down! She used a full repeat of the ‘Battenburg’ stitch pattern up the front – I only did half on either side of the zipper…oh, how the ideas spark! I do have a cone of red ‘Bounce’  [http://knitwords.blogspot.ca/2008/06/thought-id-bounce-this-by-you.html ] that I’ve been hoarding for the perfect project – a summer hoodie would be just the thing since I know the yarn won’t do a full-on long sleeve one. Hummm…I’ve been wanting to try that decrease hack again!

1 comment:

Tom Machine Knitting Guy said...

Hi Karen! Great job indeed. This is a terrific pattern (the hoodie) and easy to whip up. Like the sleeveless one very much. Thanks to both for sharing with us.