Tuesday, July 21, 2020

space cadet...

lace stitch pattern
Squared Off
That’s me too, totally out of touch with reality! The success of that new trim went to my head, what can I say? In such a hurry to get on with knitting, again, not looking, examining and checking, I blithely picked number five off my PE1, thinking it looked like the 1RT (one-row-tuck)  that I had used for Squared Off from Knitwords #50 and just started knitting away. I was halfway up the back before I realized it wasn’t a true 1RT. And how did I finally come to that conclusion? Well, a real 1Rt has a plain row and then a tucked row and you can hear the difference as you knit but for some reason I was in ‘power-knit’ mode which isn’t really my style. I was decreasing one stitch every 20 rows and at the beginning of the pattern, the tuck row was on the to-the-left pass so I was doing the decrease when the carriage was on the right because there would (should) be a plain row with no
one-row-tuck stitch pattern
tucks every time you’re on the right, right? Wrong…like I said, at about row 100, I was going to do the decrease and there were tucks. What the?? I looked closer and realized I chose the wrong stitch pattern. This one was from that black lace cardigan,
https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2019/01/unfinished-business.html, Becca, I did last year but it was also the same one I used for that purple tank with the lace motif  https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2020/06/purple-peril.html  from just a few weeks ago – boy! short-term memory loss!

Now, in my defense, the window on the PE1 shows only 10 rows by a single width repeat at a time so it is sort of easy to make a mistake like this. Anyway, the purl side of the fabric looked fine on the machine as I was knitting it, so I finished off the Back.
Then, I did some research, found the right stitch pattern and for some strange reason decided to use it for the Front. Do you think she’ll notice?

No comments: