Friday, April 23, 2021

the truth...

Sometimes I don’t tell you everything. Yeah, I admit it, not wanting to say, after all that work, that thing sucks. I don’t like it. It doesn’t fit right. It didn’t come out like I planned.  http://knitwords.blogspot.com/2021/02/all-aran-ed-out.html

But, what to do about it?


Usually after finishing something, I put it on and am so happy, I wear it for like three days straight! That red tunic, I didn’t even give it a name! When I put it on, I just thought, oh dear, yikes! I blamed it on my hair-do – or lack thereof! It was one of those days! Anyway, I did try the tunic on a couple more times, when my hair and make-up wouldn’t be the reason and yeah, I just didn’t like it.

I finally figured that I messed up on the sleeve – I had altered the original shape, narrowing the neck width, changing it into a closer-fitting round neckline, which brought the shoulder in. The top of the sleeve would sit at the top of my shoulder like a set-in sleeve, but I made the sleeve same as the original design, but, by mistake, the next size up! and although it all went together fine, there was just too much sleeve! The garment was bunching and thick at the underarms. It was tempting to just leave it, but I knew I would never wear it and I couldn’t give it away like that.

Before I could talk myself out of it, I took apart the side seams and ripped off the sleeves. It’s been kicking around the room since and I finally promised myself to fix it before I could move on to anything else.

Unravelled the sleeve down to row 60 – easy to figure where I was because of my notes and I still had the markings on the number strip to match up with the centre cable. Reknit the sleeve using the shape of the last one I made (charcoal lace – Smokin’ – ‘cuz that’s how I feel when wearing it!), so it’s much narrower at the underarm and then the curved cap.


Put it all back together, washed it to get the kinks out and yeah, it’s all good! I’ll be wearing it (Poppy Perfect) for the next three days! ;)

1 comment:

LKSage said...

Hooray - you are going to look great in it !