Wednesday, September 29, 2021

mesh floral...

I’m focusing on the sleeves now. I’ve found I want them longer than I used to like. Several reasons:

  1. When they are longer, you can pull them down, keep hands warm, use like a glove to open doors or press the walk button.
  2. When tieing around my non-waist when it’s too warm to wear, much easier with longer sleeves!
  3. When I’m done with garment it’s easier to find new person to take over with sleeves that will fit regular people!

Also, I’m experimenting with width of cuff and forearm section. Because I’ve added about 4 inches, sometimes you might want to fold the sleeve up/back and it needs to be wide enough to do that but not so loose that it flops around when down. So, here’s another reason I like that Franky seam, it looks good and is fairly flat from either side.


On this one, I took the increase down another level. Just brought out a new end needle, just to work position, and let it knit! Wow! Who knew? Easier than heck and it works so well! I let the second-to-edge stitch lace  instead of having to least two plain stitches at the edge. I like the look of the seamline without the extra knit stitches on either side, more of the lace pattern!

This turned out better than I thought it would! I love the mesh sections of the stitch pattern. It is actually transferring to every other needle  with a yarn-over between, then two plain rows. The third row is every other stitch transferred the opposite way and it adds a little mini-cable look on either side of the lace holes to the fabric.
My next button-front lace hoodie is going to be just that mesh! Red, maybe… 

No comments: