Li'l Mikey and I got on just fine - yes, I named the tool Mikey... He's cool, listens real well, doesn't talk back and feels good in my hand! I live alone, what can I say?
half the front band first because I knew
where I was going with that and it went so well, I jumped right into doing the
back without too much thought - this is only a prototype so who cares if
there's a boo-boo or two - it'll give the knitter behind me in church something
to think about - like that's gonna happen! LOL!
started off with a 24-st version of feather and fan - that was good and fun - I
could have done the whole back like that but I was itching to try different
things. The next one was another 24-st repeat where I centred the 'fans' going
outward from the same point as the one below...I knew I was going to be doing
some decreasing at the sides and wanted those side seams to look good and have
a finished pattern so my decreases are actually about 7 sts in from the edges. I put some
faggoted lace between to take up the slack. The third pattern is my very
favourite 'leaf' design (a 12-st repeat), where you are actually filling in the
holes as the top of the leaf swings back in. I followed it with 'battenburg',
another very favourite 12-st repeat. I like the way the mix of patterns alternate between
hole-y and not so hole-y (tieing in with the church theme ;-)!) and even holier
but you still see the vertical lines.
The sleeves are a little snug - I forgot
and used my standard gauge shape without thinking that the mid gauge is a
thicker fabric, so I'll have to redraft and reknit those...no big deal, they
are mostly stockinette and I have plenty of yarn left!
supposed to be my mid gauge version of the RTR cardi, but I'm renaming it the