Thursday, April 28, 2016

sorry, didn't mean to leave you hanging...

The yarn I used here was just something I had on hand back when I was thinking fall/winter. It's a DK wool that works well on the LK150 and has good stitch definition, but is rather firm and not as drapey as I want for a spring garment - if spring ever gets here!
I actually placed an order yesterday with my new fave hand yarn mail order source, loveknitting.com for some Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima which was  my original yarn choice in my Request For Design that I submitted to KnitStyle back in 2014 and funny, I forgot that my name of the design was 'ExitLine' - because I thought you'd look good walking away! LOL! I'm sticking with 'Church Cardi' - it has a better story!
The Cascade Ultra Pima, I had used for 'Faux Crochet Cardigan' back in Knit'nStyle #174 and it was beautiful to work with, has a great sheen and drape and I used some of the leftovers for my original swatches  on that RFD. Another plus, it has great yardage, goes a long way - I think I will need 7-8 skeins for my size but I ordered 10 because they have a 15% off right now and free shipping and I didn't want to stress about running out! (I also added a couple balls of Regia sock yarn just to have ;-))

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for yarn info.