Wednesday, March 18, 2020

schemeing vees...

While planning out my sleeveless top, my main concern is getting that vee neck shortrowed on every other row – it won’t work otherwise. In other words, the width of the neck is going to be dependant on the depth of the vee – you have to decrease at least one stitch on every other row (the basic rule of shortrowing), and the best way to figure it is to work backward, from the shoulder down the number of rows you need for the number of stitches, times two.
It dawns on me that my Thunder Bay Poncho has a vee neck that I could practise this technique on! I knew there was a reason I was putting it on hold! ha! is that an intentional pun or what? ;)
Now, you know I’m gonna cheat my way through this project! No swatching – I have plenty of those to choose from as well as schematics and written patterns. The most recent one I think was a black tank that I did to go with a black lace remake that I did - OMG, getting a little yada, yada, yada! there, sorry!
What I should say is I did a black tank top to go with that lacy cardigan from way back  https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2011/07/cross-knitting.html and it is one of my go-to wearables, the black twinset, I mean, so I’m basically just going to remake that, without the lace motif, but change the colours and the neckline. More on this later!
Oh and if anyone wants that skin print stitch pattern, I’m offering it up free of charge! just email me (knitwords@shaw.ca) – it’s a DAK file, so you’ll need to have DAK…
Other coping mechanisms for this social distancing thing – I love to cook and bake but have been avoiding that hobby for some time due to dieting but I’m back to bread and muffin making – giving them away to anyone who’s maybe a bit deprived and needs a little cheering up!
My latest ‘new-to-me’ book author - Linwood Barclay – totally loving his easy-read suspense style. Keeps you guessing to the end! They haven’t closed my local library yet!

No comments: