Friday, March 27, 2020

two-faced...

I tried on that black tank. My version of it is shaped through the body, making it a bit slimmer in the waist than an A-line and I had a bust dart (not in the original pattern) in the Front where the hand-transferred lace diamond is. I pulled it off and switched it around, back to front (now the dart at the back) and it looked fine but slightly pulled up in the now-front. For the sake of experimenting, I’m going to stick with a bust dart on one ‘front’ and add shortrow shaping at the hemline of the second piece – notice the angled, dotted line at the bottom of the new schematic – that’s hopefully going to compensate for the added rows from the bust dart, just putting it in a different place. Don’t panic, just to clarify, not everyone needs bust darts. I’m adding it here because I’m making a fitted garment – in the Aline version, you don’t really need the dart unless you’re larger than a DD cup. A little added depth to the centre front and back by shortrowing at the hemline is usually what I do to compensate for the A-line. It adds a slight curvature to the hemline, so it doesn’t look like your top is pulling up.
Back to the neckline, after putting the black one back-to-front, it still looked good and has the coverage I’m looking for in the new front.
I’m going with tan/sand dune WCD with a high, ‘round’ neck and tobacco brown with a high vee neck to match/wear with The Skinny. More on this next post!
P.S. Binged Netflix’s Unbelievable the last two nights. WOW! Incredible acting. The young woman, Kaitlyn Dever, played Eve, the youngest daughter on ‘Last Man Standing’. In an outstanding cast, she is amazing!
P.P.S. Be kind, smile and thank the people on the front lines, from the security guards to grocery cashiers. Stay safe!
P.P.P.S. Thanks for all your great emails, encouraging and keeping up my spirits!

No comments: