Monday, April 6, 2020

hindsight is 20/20...

I’m always looking for ways to change things up a bit so for the second ivory ‘front’ I redrafted the lace pattern a bit, revised it to suit me and I think, changed it enough to share it with you. At the bottom/start of Helene’s pattern, in the actual knitting, I thought it would look nicer to close in the bottom of the veed-eyelet pattern – which even the very practised eye probably wouldn’t notice in her chart. I also wanted to make the overall design start lower, so added the single diamond at the bottom and extended the width to go over the whole neckline (I started the bottom of this chart at RC160 of my knitting which is the start of the underarm shaping).
If you don’t want that, start the chart at row 18 and you’ll still have a neat full diamond on the bottom of the larger motif. While I was knitting the second piece, I worked on the stitch pattern in DesignaKnit – you know the drill, email me knitwords@shaw.ca
 and put Two Faced in the subject line. The file probably/should be able to be used as knit-from-screen – right now he doesn’t like the 3 stitches on one needle with holes on either side to use it as a machine knit pattern and I don’t know how to overcome that but someone more fluent with DAK might be able to help. Even if you don’t have DAK, I was able to print out this smaller version and save it as a .jpg which you can play with. At least you can print out the chart and work from that. I was using the hand-knit symbols, not the lace tool to do the chart.
I can see an LK version of this in the future, after I make a red one!
Keep knitting and stay safe!


No comments: