Tuesday, April 14, 2020

one stitch out? not!...

After I posted the other day, about Sheila setting up that stitch pattern properly using the lace tool in DAK, I remembered! What I did before was use the symbols to make the chart and then set it up as ‘intarsia’ under method of knitting and then the program let me work from screen. I did write an article about this method and intarsia, called ‘Picture This’, in Knitwords No. 38, Autumn 2006 and did a pattern on the LK150, for my favourite grandson, Nathan.
This is pretty cool because it indicates the exact needles with numbers so you’re sure of not making a mistake. Even if you don’t have the “non-electric link” cable, I just use the arrow-up key to advance to the next row. Here, I’m showing the lace pattern I used for the Vee neck of my red Two Faced . The black lines near the top of the screen on the right hand side show the shortrow decreases to make the Vee.
P.S. Just to keep Sheila on her toes, I set her file up as ‘machine knit lace’ and it works! Even though you get an error message saying this pattern cannot be knit on a Silver Reed (just because of the garter stitch ridges – he doesn’t know you’re going to hand transfer them anyway), it does seem like it will do it. One day, when I really have nothing to do, I’ll try it for real! Thanks again, Sheila!
P.P.S. How’s your hairdo? Did you cut your own bangs yet? Maybe the answer is to use a headband. I see Mar Heck has some cute ones for babies – maybe we can convince her to size them up for us!
https://marzipanknits.blogspot.com/2020/03/twisted-headbands-for-babies.html

No comments: