Wednesday, September 13, 2023

i was getting a little concerned...

Halfway up the Back, yeah, I was! You know that 'running out of yarn anxiety' feeling. Had started out with 7 new balls and the one knitted into the swatch, which I was thinking was my back-up plan – unravel it to do the bands. The Sleeves consumed two and a half balls. Here I was at a crucial point – I did have a second backup plan – had 2 balls of the same yarn in a black colourway and I think, at one point, on the old manfriend design, I’d thought I could put a wide band of black just below the underarm point but I’m getting totally lazy and didn’t want to think that hard now!

I took the sleeves and placed them over my red sweater, hoping it would  make me feel better but my rational brain is telling me those sleeves are going to shrink down – the yarn is all totally natural as opposed to the wool/acrylic of the Kramer Tatamy Tweed that made up the red one so comparing unshrunk sleeves was just looking for a false sense of security! Plus the fact that Marnie’s sweater was a bit bigger – she’s kind of the opposite to me – even though we are the same height, I have a large chest and no butt while she’s smaller on top, so I’m actually making hers A-line and a bit longer than mine.

Bite the bullet and power through, hope for the best? I mean, ripping it out and re-knitting with the black stripe wouldn’t be so bad, would it? Spent half a minute weighing up my options, ripped out the swatch piece and knit the rest of the Back. I’m not convinced that I actually washed that swatch and so what if I did? Life goes on! I still have a week or so...

3 comments:

Other MA said...

I love the look of that yarn! I hope you have enough!

sageintaglio said...

How about knitting 3/4 sleeves?

Sherry said...

Oooh, hope it works! I’ve used swatches too in emergency situations!😄 can’t wait to see the final version!