Wednesday, April 25, 2012

sometimes you don’t have to re-invent the wheel…

I wanted to do a quickie – you know, no fuss, no muss.  I was going to make ‘Gossamer’ for a gift for my daughter-in-law – she tried on the last one, the charcoal Naturell  (see 'rural route') and she really liked it except it was a bit big in the bust and a bit short – she’s much taller than me, like about 5’6 – 5’7 so it would be nice if it were longer and of course, the sleeves should be longer as well – it was starting to sound like a lot of changes and maybe re-drafting the whole thing… I decided to chance it and live on the edge!
I made the smaller size, but set my tension one dot (only one dot, not a full number) higher (looser) than the pattern/gauge called for and it’s perfect!! The finished garment is about 10 cm longer, the sleeves are just right, it’s all good!
While I was rote-knitting this, no thinking involved, I got a better vision of my 7-yarn project and I’m now busy with that  - tell you more, when I’ve finished, later this week!

No comments: