Wednesday, August 30, 2017

back to the farm...

Rocking Horse Farm, that is! I just got a note from Jason with the schedule and did I have any changes to make? Yes, I do! I’m adding another new class on ‘shortrowing with ravel cord’ – I do this so much, I tend to forget that everyone may not be as familiar with it. I’ve heard from several people in the last couple of weeks with questions about using this method and there seems to be quite a bit of confusion, so, get ready! I did spend some time back in January blogging [https://knitwords.blogspot.ca/2017/01/life-lessons.html]
and photo-ing this in lace carriage knitting but what you may not know is you can use this for other stitch techniques or carriages that are not conducive to the regular holding position shortrowing. Knitweave, garter carriage, yarn changer, double bed stuff and yes, even the LK150 when doing manual patterning – the ravel cord method of shortrowing makes it much easier to get that nice, curved line on decreases, making finishing so much nicer, without fighting the needles in holding position.
I have lots of tricks for you!  And, I'm finishing up the pattern for the 'Church Pullover/Cardi' done on the LK150 that I promised Dee!
Jason and Carole do such a great job of their yearly seminar – they really know how to put out the welcome mat and make you feel special. Early bird registration is still good till Friday!  Hope to see you there!

https://www.facebook.com/knitshop.rockinghorsefarm

No comments: