All put together, just need to figure out the collar and which colour pockets to use…I did cut a fabric collar (sorry for the black fabric – it obviously doesn’t photo with great detail but hopefully you get the idea), pinned it in place, made a few adjustments and a snip here and there on the sample piece. I drew it out on my knit contour mylar - then remembered to turn it around and draw it the way I would knit it, from the hem at the back toward the neckline!
knitted piece in place around the neckline, tried it on (makes a difference!).
Decided I wanted it a tad wider, and a bit longer on the back part. I also
added about 8 rows of shortrowing to curve the bottom as it looked shorter
across the back of the shoulders. Made the second version and it looks good –
Here’s me impressed! I thought I'd have to make it at least three times to get it right and, was prepared to!
Now to knit a belt - 'Wendy' wore hers open in the front with the belt just tied across the back - I'm going to try that and the belt will be knit tubular in the café colour that I've decided on for the pockets.
Just a bit of final
finishing and I’m almost ready to show it off – Knit Knack Shop’s Spring Fling,
in Peru, Indiana (April 13, 14) here I come! Hope to see you there!
hoping it is Spring by then!
P.S.S. I'll post a real life modelling of it at a later date!