Monday, July 15, 2019

backup plan...

Sorry for that spelling mistake ;( my bad!
After knitting the side panels, I blocked them, took one, pinned it in place and tried the jacket on again. It all looks good. I was going to get back to sewing but then realized that my cone of yarn looked smaller than I had hoped. I’d better knit the sleeves before sewing anything more just in case. Got the first one done and gosh, I’m almost at the end of that cone.
Luckily, I did have a backup – I had a 3/4 sleeve of the chocolate brown https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2011/09/sleeve-pandemic.html that I’d made back in the Granville days…
There is nothing more gut-wrenching than to be knitting away, watching the cone quickly dwindling and the row counter slowly racking up – OMG, what was I worrying about? I could have made it at least more 10 rows! ;)

No comments: