Wednesday, January 15, 2020

back to knitting...

Yup! We are well into the new year and the new decade! If you’re like me and not really been too committed to machine knitting lately, how do you get back to it?
I started by working out – I treated myself to a new set of videos and some cheap, at-home equipment (3X3 fit) and I like it, kind of a Pilates/yoga/stretching thing. Then I made some crackers – my new baking passion lately; Netflix-ed the 3rd season of ‘The Crown’ and all ‘The Kominsky Method’ and started on ‘Designated Survivor’. All classic procrastination techniques.
While doing those things, thought about my reasons to knit. They have changed somewhat from a few years ago [https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2018/03/i-had-lump-in-my-throat.html]
Now, I’m more about doing something to keep busy and using up my stash. Asking myself, do I want something where I’m working on autopilot or is it the need to create something useful? It’s probably better to ease into it in stages.
So far, I searched out a couple of UFOs that I had abandoned and almost forgotten – not sure if I even told you about but one was a remake of that striped hoodie from last year (red wine stain that wouldn’t budge) – it just needed a zipper and I couldn’t settle on the right one and the other was that EFisher Knockoff  https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2019/05/even-i-had-my-doubts.html
that I was making in recycled light grey WCD. It was all done except for fixing in all the ends and I still hate the colour – yeah, there’s a dye job coming up! I’ll tell you about this later.
Worked on both of those and thought some more… do I need a project? a commitment? Advice to myself: remake something you’re familiar with, and, it is MF’s birthday in February... Come up with a plan, MA!

No comments: