Intentions or resolutions? I’m going with intentions! Sounds safer, not
so harsh, like there’s room to manoeuvre!
So, back to TAT, I think I did take it up a notch on the pink one and I’m happy with it – sure Janet will love it but now I’m ready to take it to the next level - since this one’s for me, why not?
I’m breaking out a poppy red Forsell’s Pure New 4 ply wool that I’ve been hoarding/saving forever and, after some research and swatching, I’m swapping out the rolled hems for a revision of #20 from 50 Ways to Love Your Knitter. The original, the bottom sample, has a multi-strand ewrap cast-on that I changed to a double-stranded chain cast-on. The transfers on each are the same but the eyelets have been filled in and tuck ribs added on either side of the cables on the new one and I’ve added 2 rows of purl stitches to divide the trim from the next section of knitting.
Here’s the new instructions:
#20-2021. Chain cast-on, hand-transferred scalloped edge with 2X2 mini cable turned every 4 rows, outlined with tuck rib. This edging is symmetrical – note the 2 stitches at the centre of the triangular shape remain consistent throughout. This means the needle arrangement is identical on either side of 0 and much easier to lay out rather than worrying about an uneven number. 24-stitch repeat. Side away is right side, matches with knit side.
1. Cast on waste yarn and ravel cord. RC000. CAR. Bring needles out.
2. Measure out main yarn, 4X width of needles in work, plus a couple extra inches and double that. Using larger size latch tool, chain across loosely and put last loop over end needle to anchor.
3. Main Tension plus 1, knit 1 row. MT, K1R. RC002.
4. Following chart, centring at 0 (or #12-13R), using 7-prong tool, transfer groups of 7, placing 2 sts together as in chart. Fill in empty needles with adjacent heel stitch from stitch that was not moved. Hang yarn marks on #3, 22, 27, 46, 51 ~ each side of 0 (for tuck rib placement). Knit 2 rows. RC004.
6. With 5-prong tool, transfer as in chart, fill in empty ns. K2R. RC008.
7. Using 4-prong tool, transfer as in chart, fill in empty ns and make 2X2 cables. K2R. RC0010.
8. Using 3-prong tool, transfer as in chart, fill in empty ns. K2R. RC012.
9. 2-prong tool, transfer as in chart, fill in empty ns and make 2X2 cables. K2R. RC014.
10. 1-prong tool, transfer as in chart, fill in empty ns. RC016
11. Make 2X2 cables. Make tuck ribs by dropping stitches indicated in #4, unladder to row 2 and reform 7 tucks (every other row). K1R.
12. Remove, Turn, Rehang (RTR). K2R. RTR. Purl side (wrong side facing again. Continue in desired stitch.