Wednesday, September 22, 2021

sweater weather...

At last! We’ve had a long, hot summer! I know you’ve missed me and I’m sorry to have been silent for so long. Didn’t really mean to but between the weather and computer and software issues, what more can I say? 


The good news? I have been knitting, not a lot, but bits and pieces, here and there and I’m definitely ready for Fall! I’ll be known as that lady who wears those button-front, lace hoodies - she has one is almost every colour, you know! I’ll try to catch you up…

The ‘natural’ one turned out great. The new stitch pattern added - it won’t replace the Me-cozy design in my heart but it’s nice. I’m still totally hooked on the Franky seaming method and, in my search for the best way to do it, on this one, I changed up the increase method slightly. In the antique gold one, I moved the edge stitch out one space and filled in the empty needle with the purl bar of the inside stitch. It made the edge quite tight and hard to pick up just the half outside edge bit, so on this one, I simply hung the purl bar of the outside stitch onto a new empty needle. It works and the resulting seam looks good and it was okay to pick up. 

I did have a Plan B in the back of my mind, I was maybe going to over-dye this one so I had it hanging around without buttons, just in case I might change the colour. I even wore it out once, buttonless! I needed the pockets, what can I say!


Though I had several options for buttons, when our lockdown finally ended, Fabricland finally re-opened, I went to check out their buttons, probably just to go somewhere. Nada! At least, nothing better than what I already had. Finally made the choice, sewed them on and life goes on! Next! 

3 comments:

365 Dresses said...

Love it.

LKSage said...

So glad to get a machine knitting post again!Love the hoodies -

Anonymous said...

Looks very good.
I have buttons!