Friday, April 1, 2022

what goes around...

comes around! 
The other day while scrolling through something, this photo ad appeared. You know, those insidious ads - hate 'em! But I was so taken with this! 
Was it the collar? Kind of like one I've done a few times many years ago. As you can see, I dug out evidence of past designs, this one from 1995! It was published in Canada’s Fashion Machine #54, done on the LK150, combining a simple intarsia design with V-neck. Here, the collar was a rectangle of stripes of knit and purl (6 rows of each colour) with RTRs (Remove, Turn, Rehang) between colours to add texture and then attached to the vee opening.

The shadow pleat version made it to my neckline booklet, The Neck’s Best Thing – #7, Shadow Pleat Band in shallow V-neck. Here again the collar is a rectangle, the pleats are formed using a thinner yarn for the second stripe, ridges forming automatically, using the purl side of the fabric as the outside.

The ‘new’ tunic itself was like $29 so you know it’s going to be junk when you get it, if you order it.  
Maybe it was that gray/white/black thing that always appeals to me and I've been obsessing about this design for the past week...think I may have to knit it out of my system...You know it’s been a while since I made a pullover top, so maybe it’s time. Dare I think of intarsia in Wool Crepe Deluxe?



4 comments:

Knittedbrows said...

Look forward to seeing the end result !

Jeannie Crockett said...

Of course, wool crepe deluxe will be perfect! (Isn't it amazing how "those sites" manage to have the best photos of garments that I will love? How do they know? And yes, is absolute junk.)

Kate Clark said...

I love the black, grey and white design, too! Adding in red would be perfect. I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Tom Machine Knitting Guy said...

Do it! We all know it will be beautiful coming from your machine, hands and head!