Saturday, May 7, 2022

my game plan...

Not sure if you could read between the lines but this intarsia project had me scared! After the three sleeves, I really wasn’t sure I could pull it off. I’d have to admit defeat! That’s not what I wanted to do so I pondered. Decided to make the back first – just some stripes, really to make sure I wasn’t going to run out of the gray. I’m pretty sure on the internet ad version of this, the back would have been plain, one colour only – didn’t want that, but couldn’t see complicating my life with an intarsia design. Quickly got that done and I was happy with it – remember, I haven’t made a pullover in some time, so making the Back was helping me see the entire garment better, testing out the length  and shape before getting into the intensity of intarsia. I decided to restrict my intarsia knitting  time to 20-row intervals, to maintain calm and not allow myself to get over-tired which leads to mistakes which leads to frustration…

As you can see, I got all the pieces knit! Now, I can enjoy the putting together and getting that collar done! To be honest, I won’t likely be doing another WCD intarsia project for another thirty years!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Tom Machine Knitting Guy said...

Looking good there!

I had always taken my sleeves off on a garter bar, then not being careful I had both in one hand as I was moving them and it happened, I got my foot caught and I stumbled, the stitches fell off, so, no more for me!

Looking forward to see the finished pullover.

Happy Mother's Day!