Friday, June 18, 2021

it worked...

unwashed
Vickie’s twister wool lace hoodie, that is! I got hers out of one cone!! OMG! so
nice! I was right about the yardage on that yarn! Now, I still have a full cone for me! Later on that!

Something I like to tell newbies is to make the same thing several times – you’ll be surprised at what you learn through the repetition. Here’s me saying, wow, either I forgot more than I knew or I knew I forgot more! Whatever! It is getting to be that way but I’m still having fun.

Things I learned (again, maybe) so far

1. Be sure to use yarn marks at the edges – I usually put them every 50 rows – easy to remember and it does make the putting together so much easier and neater when you match them up.

washed but unfinished

2. Keep cheat sheets handy for the various techniques, as a reminder! how many rows in that band? what stitch size? turning row? the buttonhole technique – I thought I had it down pat and what do you know, missed one step and had to remake the whole band!

3. Before washing, hand stitch that pocket in place – only takes a  couple of minutes and saves having to re-block it after washing!

4. Put the band on the front of the hood before attaching the hood to the neckline. If it already attached, the front edge of the hood won’t stretch out to accept the band in one piece – you’ll need  two separate waste yarns on the band instead of being able to use the garter bar.

done!

Done and it’s in the mail!