Friday, June 4, 2021

you know i didn't...

keep that one. I do know how to share, but it was close! Lisi came by, I remembered it was her birthday, showed it to her and she loved it! In the finish, it was a good thing I went with my backup plan of doing the bands in the ivory colour, it all looked good and I was left with about 50g of the clover, definitely not enough to have done the bands  - weird, the yellow one weighted in at 468g, finished and this one, same number of rows and stitches exactly, weighted 488g. Guess that’s the difference in the stitch pattern, although, when you think about it, stitches are stitches. More holes shouldn’t really make that much of a difference because the stitch is knit and then transferred to make the hole…oh, it’s over my head!

I was totally pleased with how it turned out – even had the perfect pewter buttons to finish it off without having to worry about making do - but already feeling bad about not planning it properly for Janet. Before I could change my mind, I called her, explained about the lace hoodie and offered her a choice of colours for wool. She’s really psyched, liked the fact that it was longer and would cover her bum! She chose ‘antique gold’, so outside her comfort zone – she wants to have something different! I’m okay with that.

In the meantime, my knitting friend Vickie from BC, gifted me with a couple of boxes of yarn! She recently moved and was feeling overwhelmed with her stash and offered me some of her good stuff to lighten the load! Oh my! talk about Christmas coming early! In the mix, besides 3 huge cones of wool crepe deluxe tweed – be still, my heart! - was 2 cones of Twister from Yeoman Yarns in the denim colourway. This was one of my favourite yarns and unfortunately, as did so many others, was discontinued.  https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2009/06/all-ribbing-aside.html

Anyway, it’s a tweedy wool that I always thought had great yardage and now I’m going to see if I can get 2 lace hoodies out of it! We’ll be matching, fingers crossed!

P.S. don’t tell Vickie, it’s a surprise!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's lovely . I have ordered the man's hoodie and was wondering when I would receive it it's under doloresm@hotmail.co.uk thanks