Thursday, March 30, 2023

never...

tuck stitch dishrags
 is a hard word. I was watching a cooking show on PBS – it’s called A Chef’s Life with Vivian Howard – I really like her because she tells the good, the bad, and the ugly, not like some of them who are all so perfect and everything turns out, tastes great and looks good too. Anyway, she was saying that she spent time in her early career saying, oh, I’d never do that or I’d never use that and now she feels like she is always finding ways to do those ‘never’ things. Ha! I thought it was just me! Way back, when people (mostly men) asked if I could knit socks on that thing (I was demo-ing the knitting machine at a fair or home show) I used to say, you can get a lot of socks at Walmart! and you know, knitting socks has become a big thing with me!

I have also, not so long ago, pooh-poohed knitting dishrags,
https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2021/04/the-power-of-suggestion.html

but here I am, today, not only knitting a dishcloth, but knitting-from-screen, using DAK! Ha!


And as I was starting off, I recalled Cathy at the seminar in TN, asking about a two-needle ewrap cast-on, (which I had forgot all about!) and thought, why not try that – you know, just for practise…gosh, seminars are good for everyone! Not that I’m making a new career knitting dishcloths, but I was experimenting and helping a friend sort out her Silver Reed/DAK issues – maybe more on this later! The good thing is, I think I got my mojo back! My knitting room is back to normal, swatches and projects-in-planning all over the place!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not dish rags! Those are gorgeous dish cloths!
Love Vivian Howard's show on PBS. The episodes where she is writing her cookbook, updating the recipes in her binder every time she made something reminded me of how I keep track of my own revisions to patterns as I knit. Only instead of a tidy binder, I have legal pads with indecipherable squiggles and diagrams. : -)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your knitting mojo back! If you see my mojo, please send it home. Maybe I should try socks and dishrags? Admittedly, your animal print cardigan has me inspired. Jeannie Crockett

Christine said...

Just curious, why are you knitting a tuck stitch pattern as fair isle in DAK? Is this some great trick I should know about???? lol!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you blogging again.
What is the green yarn in the photo? *)