Sunday, March 19, 2023

the skinny...

What I thought I’d do over the next couple of weeks is to go over things from the Pigeon Forge seminar and either clarify details, things I forgot say or stuff I realized were mentioned and we ran out of time.
http://knitwords.blogspot.com/2020/02/brainwaves.html 

That’s the link to the start of my Skin Game cardigan/jean jacket. If you click on that link, it takes you to the blog, you’ll see it is dated Feb 21, 2020. I was planning on having the finished garment to wear or show at the 2020 seminar that didn’t happen. There were 8 posts in all, ending with  http://knitwords.blogspot.com/2020/03/winging-it.html, March 12, 2020, about The Skinny, which I thought gave a brilliant tutorial on design,  
knitting fairisle, making an inside patch pocket, a new ribbed button band and buttonhole, the collar and a ton of other stuff – not much response. Of course, in the next 3 years, I kinda forgot all about it but I did take it this year and I was rather surprised that so many people were excited about it, at least the stitch pattern. The ‘skin print’ is made with two-colour fairisle and I ended up with an electronic stitch pattern that was 40 sts X 60 rows. 
You may have noticed I don’t often do much fairisle and I think it’s because I am not usually attracted to prints, too many colours and with fairisle, the issue of long floats. I think I should say that I didn’t write that pattern for this because who else would be crazy enough to go through all that? But if you have any experience knitting MAO patterns, the things I put in the blogposts should help you through the process. Margie asked me if I had a 24-stitch version, which I did and promised to send her, so here it is. If any one wants the electronic DAK version of it and/or the larger 40-st one, email me at knitwords@shaw.ca and I’d be more than happy to share, even if you didn’t make it to the seminar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! First knitted thing I’ve gotten excited about in years.

raine51 said...

Love it! Thank you. I'm so glad I found your blog. Maybe now I can REALLY learn to use my knitting machine!