Monday, September 25, 2023

before and after...

I know you’ve been dying  to find out and yes, I had enough to finish up that blue-y Kickin’ Around for my sister – just! It was a good thing I decided to use the swatch for the top of the Back because it wouldn’t really show up as re-knit and after all the very small bands, I was left with very little – probably not enough to make a second hem band if necessary!

Got the seaming done and all the ends darned in and was sort of worried because it felt like it was a whole lot bigger than I really wanted – yep, it was! Laid it out and put my red one on top and yikes! The blue one was huge. Fingers crossed, did an aggressive wash – warm water and some agitation – it worked! Natural fibres, what can I say?

Came out to the perfect size that I had planned, slightly longer, slightly A-line and you know what? I like it better than mine! Maybe I’ll take both and let her choose which one…

Leaving tomorrow!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sweater looks great. I do like the longer length.

sageintaglio said...

I like the bit of flare at the hem - I'll bet it is very flattering when worn.