Wednesday, April 19, 2023

is it navy...

or is it purple? no, it's bilberry! Actually, this was No. 13! I forgot how lovely it is to knit a nice 4 ply wool with the lace carriage – it was a dream! Didn’t have to use yarn spray! Not a dropped or mis-transferred stitch in the whole thing!

I was randomly working on this long, button-front lace hoodie back in December while I was preparing for the Tennessee workshop and never got around to posting about it. I did wear it at the seminar, and everyone loved it – not sure if it was the colour or the actual garment, but I did promise to tell about it. http://knitwords.blogspot.com/2021/09/the-holy-grail.html

The stitch pattern was that floral mesh 60 st X 60 row lace pattern I had used twice before, but both times it was using the Bonita 4 ply mercerised cotton. https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2022/02/my-hole-theory.html  I really liked the stitch pattern and wanted to see how it translated to wool instead of the firmness of that cotton.


Playing around with the placement of the stitch pattern was fun – nothing matches – I changed the needle-1 position of each piece and, it’s not like anyone else would notice but I love it!

1 comment:

Knittedbrows said...

Beautifully made as always.