Friday, February 28, 2020

knitting diet...

That’s what this is! You might think that means I am limiting my knitting, but knitting is the new cardio to my diet – it keeps me busy, out of the kitchen and out of the fridge!
Both sleeves are done. Notice the first one is cast off with the brown and on the second one, that beautiful, shortrowed line is beige (heh, heh, big self-pat on the back!). The cast-off will be inside the seam and won’t show anyway, but if I did feel like it was wrong and noticeable, I’ll rehang it and re-knit in the beige, just for the heck of it! I used the opposite colour to give a better idea of which colour I wanted for the bands (did settle on the beige from this experiment).
Think I'll give up on that third shade (gold) – limiting it to the two colours, beige and brown, will make it more versatile, I believe. And it turns out I have virtually the same shade of tan/beige in a mercerised cotton that will work nicer for bands and edges than the alpaca. Not that there is anything wrong with the alpaca, but in general, alpaca is soft, does not have good memory or great stitch definition so for edges and bands and buttonholes, a firmer yarn like mercerised cotton will be more serviceable.

No comments: