Tuesday, February 18, 2020

the good stuff...

Save it for good? Why do we do that and when is good? I have two full (and two part) cones of this tweed yarn (Forsell Rutland Tweed Exton) that I just love. Over the years, I have used this colourway (ivory base with flecks of gold, grey and black) several times but never managed to get a finished garment for me, but I still have the yarn. A few times recently, I’ve looked at it and said, no, not yet! Admittedly, I’m at the point where I’m also saying, don’t need anything new and, what’s that all about? Yeah, I’m not going out and spending money unnecessarily but what gives? Why shouldn’t I have a new poncho? I did make several last year for my female family members and kept wearing my old one from 20 years ago and I’ve seriously wanted a new one so why not? https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2018/10/ancient-history.html
For the new ones, I added a hood and pouch pocket – and
called it Thunder Bay Poncho
https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2018/10/she-loves-it.html
I was seriously tempted to make myself a red one (another couple of cones of pure new wool that have been saving for good!) but got through last spring wearing the old tweed one and then forgot about it.
The sad reality, most of my yarn stock is stuff I’ve been saving for something special and I know I have far more that even I can knit through!
Here’s me, going in, making a start with the good stuff!

P.S. maybe I never told you about this before…this EasyCut thingy – I have one stuck on every carriage I've ever owned. I did get that new machine last year and I’ve been seriously missing the thread cutter…it took me this long to find my very last one and install it. You can still get them at https://www.knititnow.com/store/product/180/easy-cut/itemdetails
Tell ‘em MAO sent ya!

No comments: