Tuesday, March 10, 2020

not to bore you entirely...

It’s probably too late for that, but I rehung the deformed Back, guessed at the row, got lucky and it looks fine on a quick walk-by! I’m going to live with it. After all I won’t be seeing it!
Did the pockets (stabilized each side of slit opening with a chained edge, made the pocket lining and hand stitched it in place on inside of Front), made the collar, finished off the cuff edges with an ewrap (Band Practise, #14, ewrap added to open sts), knit the yokes, attached them, etc.
Now it’s down to buttons and the front bands. Of course, I don’t have 5 to 6 suitable buttons but before hitting the fabric store to check out their stock, I go through and at least get a feel for the size and colour that I think will work best.
Along the way I’ve been evaluating the front band options in my mind. Current favourite is the tubular bands with vertical slit buttonholes from Geezer Chic, Knitwords #50 (also in the ABZ! Alter it! Button It! Zip It! /yellow book, #24, Bar Tacked Vertical Buttonhole on Tubular Band). Guess a swatch or two might help…

No comments: