Monday, December 11, 2023

master plan…

 If I’m committing to a new design, what are the steps? I have the stitch pattern but the shape? I go to the cupboard and drag out the pullovers I’ve made recently…and if you’ve been following me, you know, I’m not much for pullovers. As you can see, they are mostly tunics. I try them all on, turning this way and that and I want something different! Virtually everything I’ve made for myself in the last ten years, except for the sleeveless tops have been below the hip - what does that say about my wardrobe? I’m old-school - when wearing leggings or yoga pants, I want the crotch covered! 


I even went downstairs and dug up some of the old mid gauge  stuff - wow! Here’s a tip - if you have a cardigan or even a vee neck and want to see what it looks like as a pullover, put it on backwards!

Another quirk, I haven’t used ribbing on any sweater for eons, so here, out of the blue, I’m going short, not quite cropped but, wide body and hig-hip, a deep ribbed cuff, inspired by the NP’s sweater, a diamond lace hand-transferred stitch with rib at the wide hem and round neck…

Oh, and the yarn, one I’ve used before, Forsell Yarns, Touch of Silk, a DK weight, 90 wool, 10 silk.

https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2012/06/update-better-late.html


2 comments:

Cindy H said...

I’m going to follow along; have some of that yarn! I can feel the sponge bars flattening on the machine as I don’t use it day after day and I just put a new one in - well, February feels like yesterday anyway. Give me details! Thx

lyounger said...

Can't wait to follow the progress! I love the lace patterns.