Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Hand knit or….

I was out the other day - manfriend had an appointment and asked me to go with - second ears and all that! He’s having his second hip replacement, not a big deal, but I’m happy to be called on to support. We met with a young nurse practitioner, probably in her late thirties/early forties, tall, slim, blonde, casual-like and I’m only telling you this for background. She was wearing this sweater that, during the appointment, I became obsessed with. It was pretty, medium blue, mid-weight yarn, in a simple lace diamond stitch pattern and it looked very nice on her. What really attracted me was the size of the holes of the lace - she had a black cami under it and maybe that made the holes seem larger? and I honestly couldn’t tell if it was a plain, old-school hand-knit with a repeated mistake or if it was a ‘bought’ sweater. I was eyeballing the neckline, the seaming, checking the deep ribbed cuffs, the set-in sleeves, noting the details, looking for clues! 

Halfway through her questions, I caught myself re-designing the stitch pattern, the way I thought it should be! At the end of the meeting, I did ask her if she’d made the sweater. Oh no, she could never do anything like that and she gave me the details of where she bought it. I told her how nice she looked in it and strangely, I could hardly wait to get home to try it out! LK150, here I come! 

http://knitwords.blogspot.com/2023/03/tennessee-re-visited.html


https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2020/04/living-on-edge.html

You can probably tell, I don’t get out much!

No comments: