Wednesday, March 6, 2024

fancy, schmancy...

Had my plan - using the 'pebble' Suva in that 1RT at T9 (for a thinner fabric) with fancy ribs ('Tuck & Triangle Rib' from The Neck's Best Thing) for the bands, using a plain, smooth yarn in a  contrast colour - 'paper bag tan' (my all-time favourite yarn-colour name!) cotton, because I figured all the fanciness of the tuck and transfers and outlines would show up so much nicer in the solid colour, with the added benefit that my main yarn would go farther and I wouldn't be concerned about running short.


Sat down with such hopes and aspirations of success, armed with the NBT instructions, began my swatch. I did cast on with waste yarn - learned my lesson on that one! Did the manual wrap cast-on and the 4 rows of tuck. I admit, I did not fully read the entire instructions ahead of time, thinking I knew it all. Got to row 7 and thought who the heck thought this up? Oh yeah, it was me! duh!


I was right, all that detail does show up well in the solid colour!
A little more concentration required!


2 comments:

Tom Machine Knitting Guy said...

L O V E the colors together!

lyounger said...

What a great technique! Getting my NBT book out!!

Lynne