Friday, March 1, 2024

on repeat…

Stoked with the success of the denim Tennessee Tunic - I wore it for three days straight! I’m going with those ideas to make another one. The cuddly yarn - have some Forsell Suva, a wool/cotton thick/thin, slubby blend that should do the trick.  In the tweedy Suva, I have a full cone and partial, same dyelot in ‘surf’ a cream/pale blue/gray combo, total of 550g and a single cone, 500g, ‘pebble’, a tan/ivory combo. I seem to recall this yarn goes a long way, but ya never know! 


Really like the shape of that tunic so my next attempt is the same but different.  A bit shorter and not quite as wide at the hemline, with contrast bands maybe, you know that ‘running-out-of-yarn anxiety’!

I want to knit the 1RT (one-row-tuck) loosely again to create a thinner fabric and I go back to one of my  favourite Knitwords patterns, ‘Caped Wrapper’ from #43 https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2013/01/hybrid-knitting.html  - that’s my second favourite 1RT stitch pattern!

Looking through ‘The Neck’s Best Thing’, there are some fancy ribbed combos that should work - oh, my ! This could keep me with knitting ideas for a quite bit!


No comments: