Tuesday, January 9, 2024

whatevs…

Part 1

You’re probably thinking, so what’s the big deal, M A? Make her the stove top cover - it’s nothing more than a tuck stitch rectangle - why are you being such a diva?

Actually, my first instinct was to say no, I can’t make that anymore. She doesn’t realize that my computer died and along with it DesignaKnit and Janet’s stitch pattern for those dishrags. But I was sort of noncommittal, didn’t want to admit I couldn’t do something - I have this reputation to uphold - also, turned out she wants red and I’m telling you, red is at a premium here at my house. It really should be cotton, so it IS a big deal!

My electronic silver reed machine has a 50 st repeat but that isn’t wide enough for the basic dishrag  which is about 67 sts x 170 rows and I’d never get the mylar made without several mistakes and damn, I didn’t want to go there!

I had a few sleepless nights, thinking it through. In my mind, I figured because I would be knitting this without DAK, I’d need to come up with a small stitch pattern, like a punchcard width or less (this one’s 18 sts and I’d use the double length button) and have the checkerboard outline repeat on the second edge, by positioning it on the needle bed, like the pattern wouldn’t be centred, there would be,,, 



https://knitwords.blogspot.com/2009/04/blog-post.html


To take my mind off the dishrag issue, fixed up a few pairs of holey socks and thought some more…





No comments: